来源：教师招聘网 时间：2021-01-19 16:38:10
人教版高中必修3 Unit 1 Festivals around the world--Learning about Language--Discovering useful words and expressions
1。 Teaching Aims:
A. Knowledge aims:
(1) Students will understand the meanings, usage and pronunciation of the new words and expressions, such as “celebration”, “origin”, “religious”, “as though。。。”, “have fun with。。。”, etc。
(2) Students can find and memorize more words by adopting the suffix rule of -ous or -al ending and -(a)tion ending.
娱乐评级网B。 Ability aims:
(1) According to the passage, students can guess the meaning and part-of-speech of new words and phrases。
(2) Students can make some sentences with the new words and phrases they learned and talk about the festivals freely and easily with their friends and family members.
娱乐评级网C。 Emotional aims:
(1) Students will be more confident when speaking in public and expressing their ideas.
(2) Students are able to work with their classmates and practice their cooperative learning abilities.
(3) Through the activities designed, students will foster their awareness of appreciating the festivals around the world and love our Chinese traditional festivals and culture.
2。 Teaching key and difficult Points:
(1) Teaching key points:
a. To understand the meanings, usage and pronunciation of the new words and expressions.
娱乐评级网b. To find and memorize more words by adopting the suffix rule of -ous or -al and -(a) ,-(a)tion.
(2) Teaching difficult points:
a。 How to make some sentences with the new words and phrases they learned and talk about the festivals。
b。 How to encourage students to work with their group members and practice their cooperative learning abilities。
c。 How to foster students’ awareness of appreciating the festivals around the world and love our Chinese traditional festivals and culture。
3. Teaching Methods:
Communicative Teaching Method, Task-based Teaching Method and Cooperative Learning Method.
4. Teaching Procedures:
Step 1 Warming up and lead-in
(1) Greet students.
(2) Ask students to watch a video about Easter Day and pay attention to the origin and the religion and how people celebrate it as well.
娱乐评级网(3) After watching, ask them to share their ideas。 And the teacher can tell the story about the Easter Day。 Students will use proper sentences with the words “origin”, “religion” and “celebrate” to answer the questions and grasp the meaning and usage of these words in the proper context。
Step 2 Presentation
(1) Ask students to find out the sentences with these words or similar form among them. Through observation, students can find out the nouns: “origin” and “religion” can become adjectives: “original” and “religious” by adding -al or -ous at the end of them. The verb form: “celebrate” can become noun by adding -(a)tion. Then the teacher can tell students that the different suffixes represent the different parts of speech. They can make full use of suffix and master more words. And then ask students to finish the exercise 1:
Noun - Adjectives Verb - Noun
Origin + -al = Original Celebrate + -(a)tion = Celebration
Religion + -ous = Religious
(2) Show students some sentences:
She loves the boy as though she were his mother.
The country looks as though it is covered with pink snow.
Ask students to try to guess the meaning of the phrase “as though...”, and they will grasp the usage of it, subjunctive mood and real mood. Other phrases such as “have fun with...”, “look forward to...” will be taught in the same way.
Step 3 Practice
(1) Work with partners and finish the exercise 2: Fill in the blanks with words and expressions in the box.
(2) Work with partners and finish the exercise 3: Fill in the blanks and read the famous quotes, and think of any Chinese idioms or sayings that carry the same meaning. Then invite some students to share in front and the teacher can give some positive evaluations.
Step 4 Production
Divide students in groups of 5 students and they will do a role-play game about different festivals and celebrations in 10 minutes. One is the reporter and the others are exchange students from different countries. Students are required to make a dialogue with the words and phrases we learned today and then act it out in front.
Step 5: Summary and Homework
娱乐评级网Summary: invite some students to review today’s new words and phrases and summarize what we have learned this class together。
娱乐评级网Homework: Make a poster about festivals around the world that they are interested in by using the words and phrases we have learned today. Share it in the next class. If necessary, they can search some useful materials on the Internet.
5. Blackboard design: